Happy Tuesday to you. I hope that the new work week blues haven’t hit you too hard today, but if they have, here’s a super easy (and yummy) snicker doodle recipe to lift your spirits.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of shortening
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 3/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
So here’s how you make these yummy cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together shortening, sugar, and eggs until smooth
- Add cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and flour to the mix
- Mix all together until dough is formed
- In another bowl mix sugar and cinnamon together (I added more than the recipe called for)
- Roll dough into quarter size balls
- Then roll ball in the sugar/cinnamon mix
- Bake 5-10 minutes (I baked mine for 6 minutes – it left them softer)
Now the reason I love this recipe (besides the yummy taste) is that there is no almond extract or nuts of any kind in it. My mom is terribly allergic to nuts so she never got to enjoy a delicious snicker doodle but thanks to this recipe now she can!
I love snicker doodles!! And I love the fact that they make a great gift!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.